Changing Lives One Summer at a Time
5 reasons why you should sponsor a kid
Continuing a long-standing Salvation Army service, and a long history of Salvation Army camping at Camp Kuratli was opened in Boring, OR in 1928. Each summer, youth from many Salvation Army units all over Oregon and Southern Idaho come to camp, situated along the Sandy River, for a week that can literally change their lives.
- Arts & Crafts is a creative outlet to express emotions, especially since Mom and Dad might always be fighting
- Bible Study is great because the knowledge of God's love to carry kids through life's challenges... they face too many already.
- Sports help create a healthy lifestyle and a sense of strength and confidence that will protect a kid from drugs, gang and other pressures that may surround them.
- Friendships are built at camp. Kids also build interpersonal skills to help them in any situation, especially when they enter the job market.
- Role Models for kids are often found at camp, someone to look up to, especially if there's no positive influence at home.
For $200 a child can attend The Salvation Army Camp Kuratli for a week. Each day, campers build life long friendships, reconnect with nature, and participate in action packed activities that help them face challenges, develop confidence and learn valuable lessons.
Your donation makes a difference for children and their families – it can change lives. .